Conditions of use
WATER MESSENGERS WEBSITE CONDITIONS OF USE
Last updated: April 2014
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING CONDITIONS OF USE CAREFULLY. BY TICKING THE BOX BELOW YOU INDICATE YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THESE CONDITIONS. IF YOU DO NOT ACCEPT ALL THESE PROVISIONS, DO NOT USE THIS WEBSITE AND DO NOT TICK THE BOX.
Ownership of the website and its content
The “Water Messengers” campaign is a project coordinated by the International Secretariat for Water, a non-governmental organisation based in Canada, which owns the site and the domain name www.watermessengers.org. Unless otherwise indicated, all the content published or made available on this site including, but not exclusively, text, graphics, data, photos, animated images, sounds, illustrations and messages left by users is the property of the International Secretariat for water.
By leaving a message (text or photos), users accept:
- that the International Secretariat for Water shall use these messages for communication and promotional purposes including, but not only, on printed documents, video screenings, printed or on-screen posters or displays, post cards, photos, video montages, presentations etc.
- However, in no case shall these messages be used for lucrative or commercial purposes.
Users recognise that the content of the messages and photos is appropriate and does not present the following characteristics:
- Messages, comments, data, information, text, music, sound, photos, graphics, codes or other forms that are illegal, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, harmful to minors, indecent, suggestive, inappropriate, threatening, infringe privacy or publicity rights, insulting, excessive, fraudulent, or in any other way unacceptable.
- Message and photo content that could constitute, encourage or provide instructions giving rise to criminal proceedings, infringe the rights of a third party, in any other way generate liability or infringe local, national or international law.
- Message and photo content infringing patent, brand or copyright or any other form of intellectual or contractual property rights of any party. By posting the content of the message or photo you confirm that you have the right to disseminate, distribute and reproduce that content.
- Message and photo content representing an individual or company or misrepresenting your affiliation with an individual or company.
- Unsolicited promotional material, political campaigns, advertising, spam, chain letters, pyramid operations or requests.
- Private information concerning third parties including but not limited to addresses, telephone numbers, email addresses, social security numbers and credit card numbers.
- Viruses, corrupt data or any other malicious or destructive file.
- Photos of anyone else other than the person posting the content.
Users confirm that they are over 18 years old
If you are younger than 18, you must read these conditions of use with your parent or legal guardian in order to ensure that you and your parent or legal guardian have understood and accept all these conditions.
Removal of messages and photos
The International Secretariat for Water reserves the right to remove all content that it deems inappropriate at its own discretion.
If a user wishes to remove their own photo, they must write to the International Secretariat for Water (email@example.com) and give the name of the person who posted the message, their country, the number of the photo and the reason for its removal.
Modifications to the conditions of use of this website
The International Secretariat for Water reserves the right to modify the provisions contained in the website conditions of use or any policy or directive pertaining to the site at any time and at its full discretion. If we make any modifications to this policy, we shall change the “last updated” date indicated at the top of the page. However, under no circumstances shall the messages and photos be used for lucrative or commercial purposes.
Questions and contact
Please send your questions and comments regarding the website or its conditions of use to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
© 2014 International Secretariat for Water. All rights reserved. Website conditions of use.